Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this Crisis echo the Glorious Revolutuon?
(01-06-2017, 01:40 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: The amazing thing I guess is that we live in a country where it's possible for the president to order a war, and the people, the congress and the media just blindly go along; enough of them anyway.

Switching to a Parliamentary system won't fix that either.  The problem lies with the people, who take very little interest in their governance, except where it impacts then directly.  Thus, we have many thinking that things can be done that are unsustainable or even unachievable, while being equally sure that someone else is getting more than they are.

I'm almost 70.  When I attended public school, we had a mandatory history or civics class every year starting in the 7th grade, with only the 12th grade being an elective.  No one graduated with less than 5 years.  Now, I'm not sure what is required.  I do know that much of the history is now social history.  That's certainly valuable, but its nowhere near as fundamental as traditional programs.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does this Crisis echo the Glorious Revolutuon? - by David Horn - 01-07-2017, 07:54 AM