Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this Crisis echo the Glorious Revolutuon?
(01-07-2017, 01:36 AM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:Like defining the relationship between Congress and the President?

Like I said, that would be a big parallel if it happened.  I can even envision scenarios where a Trump administration could spur it.  I just haven't seen any evidence of it brewing.  Congress has been pretty enthusiastic about abrogating its responsibilities in the war-making department all saeculum, no sign of them stopping now.

But still, it's a possibility.  Pitching big chunks of the Constitution in order to implement a parliamentary system in its place?  I don't see it happening in the next 10 years.  Hasn't exactly been a big issue people have been squabbling about for the last several decades, which is generally what has preceded consitutional amendments.

The entire point of a crisis is to provide the impetus to trigger change.   It doesn't guarantee success, just a window with altered rules.  I'm skeptical that we have that this time.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does this Crisis echo the Glorious Revolutuon? - by David Horn - 01-07-2017, 10:27 AM