Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this Crisis echo the Glorious Revolutuon?
(01-12-2017, 05:49 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 02:04 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Yeah, it's not that I didn't have positive experiences with professors at Columbia and other institutions where I took classes, but all in all I was very unimpressed.  That class in particular was very bad.
I had my one bad experience taking an upper level elective in Constitutional History.  This was 1991, so not yesterday but not ancient times either. 
This was a class full of pre-law types, and I was the only one with a major outside the general field.  Long story short, the professor made the class all about "the struggle", with everything so PC it was suffocating.  Since he enjoyed calling on me thinking I would be good discussion fodder, I took him on about the entire PC thing.  Most of the class cringed, but I only needed to pass the class not excel.  After 20 minutes of verbal swordplay, the class ended and we all departed.  To his credit, he didn't hold it against me.

Yeah, I was wrapping a history major since I only had a year left on my GI bill and I had enough history credits from before the Army to pull it off.  I argued with him fairly regularly, and I knew he was anti-religious so I wrote my final paper on the use and reason for Protestant rhetoric in Tom Paine's pamphlets.  He was not amused, but fuck him, anyways.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does this Crisis echo the Glorious Revolutuon? - by SomeGuy - 01-12-2017, 06:01 PM