Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this Crisis echo the Glorious Revolutuon?
(02-14-2019, 03:01 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 12:54 PM)Tim Randal Walker Wrote: I like this article as a summary of that Crisis period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution

I have come to favor the the term Internal Cold War for the USA's present 4T.  One difference between now and the War Between The States-there is no issue quite as inflammatory as slavery was back then.

One issue that is salient is the populist revolt against globalization.  Peter Zeihan (zeihan.com) has pointed out that the rejection of globalization now includes both the Democrats and Republicans; or to put it another way, a broad lack of support of this across the political spectrum, including groups that strongly disagree regarding domestic issues.

I don't think globalization is the real issue.  I think the real issue is loos -- loss of status, free time, abundance or whatever other personal lack people feel in this economy and society.  Globalization is just an easy target, but less true apropos than most people believe.  In fact, I doubt you can find 5% of the population who can describe globalization in accurate terms.

That's right, and when you look at the issue, and get beyond mere nationalist or racist prejudice, the issue is corporate globalization. Multi-nationals have no concern for nations or regions; they can go wherever they wish and get the cheap labor or lax rules that they want, especially under free trade. It's corporate power and their lack of responsibility to the people that is the main issue.

And since the problems they cause are global as well, like climate change and exploitation of people everywhere, the solutions must be in part global as well. So attacking globalization per se will not help anyone.

Globalization in the true sense is inevitable and can't be stopped. We are one world civilization now, and have been for over 100 years, and retrograde fondness for your nation is long out of date. Technological, cultural, economic, racial, national barriers are falling and will continue to fall. The issue is power to the people. Global power elites, mainly the multi-national corporations and the governments they bribe and control, need to be responsible to the people, and that means that the more local units of power need to remain strong. But they can no longer remain separate, just as at bottom, nothing and no-one is separate.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does this Crisis echo the Glorious Revolutuon? - by Eric the Green - 02-14-2019, 03:23 PM