Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this Crisis echo the Glorious Revolutuon?
According to the double rhythm theory, which is the going one on this site, yes there should be a resemblance. It's not a huge one, by any means. In the Glorious, like the Millennial, there was a basic domestic conflict, between parliament-advocates and royalists, and the protestants were still defending their victory and pushing it further. I believe this domestic conflict occurred in the colonies in the 4T, if I remember correctly (iirc). James I would be something like Ike; Charles II and James II would obviously be the Bushs, while Cromwell was more akin to the heroes of the French Revolution who became authoritarian, like Robespierre and Napoleon. Some would say Lincoln was a "dictator" too, but he and Robespierre were 4T, while Cromwell was 2T. Perhaps, in that respect, Cromwell could be compared to Lyndon Johnson. Revolutionary, both were indeed; but both became authoritarian in some ways and both overplayed their hands, and both inspired a reaction and subsequent restoration (Charles and James = Reagan and the Bushs).

The Glorious was also an international conflict in the 4T, though; so in that respect it was like the American Revolution and the Depression/World War II. Louis XIV played the Hitler role.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does this Crisis echo the Glorious Revolutuon? - by Eric the Green - 09-05-2016, 01:17 PM