Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imagine by John Lennon.....
I'm glad Kinser agrees with Shapiro that he would not have a conversation with someone who believes the ideas in "Imagine," so I am relieved of having a conversation with kinser Smile

It's funny, so fun to refute. And he knocks Bieber too, which shows his lack of taste and his being swept up in the faddish adolescent male paranoia about a young male musician ("Pray" is indeed not only comparable to "Imagine" in its lyrics, but to Mozart symphonies musically). And music is good only if the musicians can read music. That lets Irving Berlin out too. And how do you know John couldn't read music? What's your evidence? The Beatles created the classic music of their time, and it has lasted. I see you have the talent Mr. Shapiro for throwing records out the window. Let's see you top The Beatles then, and avoid someone saying that YOUR piano riffs are "pretentious." How did you qualify to say what is pretentious, and what isn't? And John shouldn't use his music to create a mood that matches his words? Too funny! What should he have done, play Chopsticks? Or a Hungarian Rhapsody like Bugs Bunny danced to?

He thinks it's "immoral" to "live for the day" without rewards and punishments. But all Lennon was talking about was religious beliefs about heaven and hell. Living for the day is much better than living for a false myth and using it as an excuse to forget that all we have is this moment, even if it includes the ability to plan and remember and in fact all the past and future too. And since it does, I think the song has as much "philosophical depth" as any apt and short poem that says something succinctly and memorably (like "Pray" does also) and thus is as deep as a song can be.

Shapiro reveals his absurd prejudice by knocking the Democrats and the European Left. If he knocks them, what could he possibly say about morality? The Republicans are the most immoral political party in the world today. If Shapiro doesn't KNOW this, then that is itself too funny!!! And anyway, Lennon's imaginings, it could be argued, go well beyond any politician's program today; these are things anyone of any party can imagine, and still belong to any party. Lennon did not announce a political platform in this song. To deceive oneself so completely as to think so, implies that he could relate anything he hears to partisan politics, and that means that he has partisan politics on his brain and nothing else lol.

And so Shapiro wants to kill and die for his country? He's welcome; go suit up and go to Iraq! Hey, if China didn't exist, neither would all their murders! All people are not good? So we shouldn't imagine the human potential to be good? It's saying "people are not good" that's the excuse for treating people badly. And did John say "imagine no civilization and culture"? No, he didn't. He contributed to civilization and culture. As Yoko summed up her husband's life, "he loved." And he should be dismissed for marrying Yoko Ono! Now now, she was a very nice lady. I know you Republicans want to tell us who we can marry, and whom we can't, but telling John not to marry Yoko? Hey, Yoko isn't even transgender! Save your breath, fella!

I think you should throw yourself out the window, as you offered to do, instead of the record! And you don't even know which year he was killed by some bozo like you. And you claim to know about civilization, when you don't even know history? "Brotherhood never existed and never will." Well, it won't with enough people like you around who think it can't happen. And "ownership" is the greatest thing in human civilization, and get this, in "Western" civilization. Ahh, here we go again. Civilization is only Western. How narrow minded. As I said, the right wingers like him use fear to keep things as they are. That's what he peddles as "reality." "Life isn't fair, and people do bad crap." Hey, it's the people like you Shapiro who do the bad crap and make things unfair! If we allow the right to win, we perpetuate unfairness and the bad crap!

And even though he's a breitbart editor, he's not even for Donald Trump! He couldn't even say who he was for. That's because there wasn't anybody else in the GOP worth voting for.

Just for fun.

And.. remember what Justin said, hey see below!!! click on it!!!
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Imagine by John Lennon..... - by Kinser79 - 10-07-2017, 12:08 AM
RE: Imagine by John Lennon..... - by Ragnarök_62 - 10-07-2017, 02:46 AM
RE: Imagine by John Lennon..... - by Kinser79 - 10-07-2017, 04:52 AM
RE: Imagine by John Lennon..... - by pbrower2a - 10-07-2017, 11:00 AM
RE: Imagine by John Lennon..... - by Kinser79 - 10-07-2017, 12:37 PM
RE: Imagine by John Lennon..... - by pbrower2a - 10-07-2017, 02:44 PM
RE: Imagine by John Lennon..... - by Kinser79 - 10-09-2017, 12:05 PM
RE: Imagine by John Lennon..... - by pbrower2a - 10-11-2017, 10:59 PM