Poll: Do you have "buyer's remorse" regarding adult life?
Yes. Adult life has turned out to be a great disappointment. I was sold a bill of goods.
Life is good. I have no nostalgia regarding younger more carefree days.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have "buyer's remorse" about adult life?
(06-13-2016, 01:00 PM)radind Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 11:46 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 05:24 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 01:56 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 11:58 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: I am in great fear of losing everything. You do not understand the economics of the nursing home business in America.  

If we get good economic measures in return for gross inequity and a climate of fear, then something is wrong -- most likely with the economic elite. The MBA culture that formed around 1980 was a rejection of humanistic values that make life tolerable for non-elites. People who believe that no human suffering is in excess so long as the Right People get what they want (basically everything not necessary for animal-like survival for everyone else, as in fascist and feudal orders).

We make enough stuff. We do badly at creating happiness because the ideology of American elites well suited to the sweat-shop level of economic development.

You guys make enough "stuff" but people do not have the money to buy necessities and many are in debt. I believe that is what many are focusing on as the most important thing of all. Survival in hardship.

The economic elites have found how to control people so that they believe that nothing matters except that the elites get whatever they want -- which is everything. Around 1980 we largely Americans sold out to the concept that we are are nothing more than our basest drives. We allowed ourselves to be atomized in return for some vague promises of economic gain. Everything is about lucre.

We enter a Crisis Era because of the bad practices that have developed since the last Crisis, vices that have become nearly sacred. Yet those vices degrade us. Most arise from the 3T -- bad business practices and bad mass culture. One big contributor to our misfortune is the debasement of education, mostly from the Awakening-era "Multiversity". The idea that the college student wants to go as quickly into specialized training or to experience a watered-down grad school instead of developing some wisdom from millennia of experience best taught as the liberal arts has ensured that people, however technically proficient they may be, lack the wisdom even to recognize the virtue of reciprocal kindness. Life becomes little more than personal manipulation.

"Ship it", "sell it", "cut the deal". Of course it is all pragmatic. But what if "it" all depends upon the degradation of human existence?

That is all correct. We focus on economic gain, justified by and geared toward gain for the elite. We end up with neither real life, wisdom and culture OR economic gain. We forget our millennia of experience, which includes the teaching of the one we once revered as our spiritual leader: seek first the Kingdom of God, and its righteousness, and all else will be added.

A verse that I like.

Quote:Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6,ESV

I'm not sure which verse you are saying you like.

But obviously, what Jesus was saying in John 14 is that the way is to know that you are God.

John 10:34: Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"'?

Using the Bible or the Koran as an excuse for prejudice against gays or those of other religions, is not acceptable. Using sacred texts to claim that yours is the only true religion, is not acceptable. The results of accepting it: what we saw in Florida yesterday.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread