Poll: Do you have "buyer's remorse" regarding adult life?
Yes. Adult life has turned out to be a great disappointment. I was sold a bill of goods.
Life is good. I have no nostalgia regarding younger more carefree days.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have "buyer's remorse" about adult life?
Late Wave Xer. And I have no nostalgia for my younger years other than that the culture was some what better and it was easier to make a living, we can blame Shillary's philandering husband for wrecking that in 1996 though.

That being said...the TL;DR version of my life reads like such.

Young childhood sucked, when my sperm donor wasn't in prison he was partying until he found Jezus and started conning people with religion instead of cocaine.  Mother was largely absent with her schooling.

Late Childhood sucked, uber religious father and work-a-holic mother.  That said my neglect could have been worse, I had cloths, food in the fridge and a bike to come and go as I pleased.

Young Teenage years really sucked but they do for everyone always and worst for gay teens.  My straight friends didn't have to hide their interests in girls and such.

Late teenage sucked even after I came out. 

Spent most of my 20s in the military.  A lot of hurry up and wait and even more of shear boredom.  I began to read philosophy after having watched Das Boot for the 5898518th time.  Did get some nice shore leave though.

Since I left the military life has been good.  Got a BF of 10+ years, and while not perfect I am comfortable and should be able to cash out right before the 2T hits and the world goes to hell.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you have "buyer's remorse" about adult life? - by Kinser79 - 07-24-2016, 09:25 AM