Poll: Do you have "buyer's remorse" regarding adult life?
Yes. Adult life has turned out to be a great disappointment. I was sold a bill of goods.
Life is good. I have no nostalgia regarding younger more carefree days.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have "buyer's remorse" about adult life?
(07-24-2016, 03:42 PM)The Wonkette Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 09:25 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: Late Wave Xer. And I have no nostalgia for my younger years other than that the culture was some what better and it was easier to make a living, we can blame Hillary's philandering husband for wrecking that in 1996 though.
Um, you realize that the economy was thriving in the late 1990s, don't you?  Wages rising even for low-income people, unemployment at 30-year lows?

Like so many things, it depended who you were.  If you held financial assets such as stocks and paid attention you could ride the Fed fueled stock bubble until it ended.  You are discounting the effects of inflation on the low end of the income scale.  It was hard to acquire enough assets in the type of job an Xer was likely to have then.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you have "buyer's remorse" about adult life? - by Galen - 07-26-2016, 12:27 AM