Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compare/contrast American Presidential elections
(03-14-2017, 03:02 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 02:10 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 12:18 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I would argue that 1980 was a fluke election, and the handsome actor beat the "malaise" president just because he was charming. But the fluke has lasted 40 years.

A "fluke" that lasts that long is not a fluke.

Even I can agree with that. 1976 was the fluke because one of the weakest campaigners ran against an even weaker campaigner.

Demographic trends can work against President Trump. Bait-and-switch is bad policy. But we shall see in 2020, right?

...I have no idea of to what I can compare the 2016 election.

The old "Demographics will save the Dims" meme I see.

I have a crazy idea.  Lets just say we start enforcing our immigration law, and this causes tightness in the job markets.  Suddenly lots of people will suddenly have something to lose, and immigrants and more likely the children of immigrants will start assimilating.  When that happens they have something to "conserve" and then become "conserve-ative".

As such what could just as easily happen is the GOP's base is permanently expanded.  But if you want the Dims to stay around y'all can have the NeoCon trash.  Their ideology originated in y'all's thinktanks anyway.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Compare/contrast American Presidential elections - by Kinser79 - 03-14-2017, 07:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Triumph of Stupidity in American Politics pbrower2a 29 20,470 09-07-2021, 02:50 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a