Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 dead in Orlando gay nightclub shooting
(06-22-2016, 11:49 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: No they aren't. If the labels are dropped then more people would empathized.  SJW is divisive.
Empathize with what? The victims of Orlando are victims of prejudice and hate. It must be stopped. We must speak out against it, and for love for all kinds of people; all races, religions, sexes, sexual orientations, etc.. Again, to get to victory, you must win the war. The SJ War. I understand the boredom with these subjects. Fair treatment and "political correctness" (polite consideration) for all groups is not a panacea and will not solve a lot of problems; just prejudice and hate, and discrimination/profiling etc..

Quote:Wow, the unemployment rate is 0?  I'd never would have guessed. Of course I don't think it's that way, so fix that with an EITC, extend minimum wage laws to agriculture where they don't exist now, and that should fix the problem.
True

Quote:Either agriculture plays by the same rules as everyone else,  they deserve a chapter 7 bankruptcy.  Also, get rid of those damn subsidies.  Like why the fuck is rice  of all things grown in the desert in California? I'd also strip the current water rights system.  If you grow shit in a desert, the plants need to be cactus. I'm not too worried about that, because global warming's gonna fix that real quick. The water will run out, for sure.  Swami tsunami predicts a flood of folks drinking their own piss after the water runs out. Cool
The fossil fool barons and their backers created that. Defeat Republicans in the 4T; problem solved; end of story. Subsidies, yes get rid of them. But fix immigration by making it easier; then ag and other businesses can hire the folks that do the work that the complainers like The Donald and his followers would never do anyway, but complain because someone is doing it besides them. Really stupid, isn't it? No, resentment of immigrants legal or otherwise is just a political ploy to deceive the people in order to gain power. But this 3T Nixonoid-Reaganoid tactic will not work in the 4T. The Donald is going down.

Quote:I'm not referring to those kind of drones we're using in our Wars of Choice. I'm talking about spy camera drones.
They kill nobody.

I thought so, but then what do you do once you spot them? Round them up violently? Send them home again? For how long? We already have enough border control; illegal immigration is a trickle anyway. Another political ploy and that's all it fucking is.

Quote:Nope, bitch slap pampered agriculture, lock down the borders, and then work on path to citizenship. I do not want path to citizenship as an incentive for another wave of illegal immigration. Sorry, the hotel's full. The US isn't even taking care of its own properly.  Contractors who hire illegals are scum and tax cheats. Reputable contractors go through the proper process, pay worker's comp, FUTA, FICA.  
Then fix the regular channels before doing the same old things that don't work. Again, the USA not taking care of its own has nothing to do with immigration. Don't fall for the Trumpster's ploys. He is a fraud.

Quote:How are the markets for something somebody wants dreadfully different?  NYC in its infinite wisdom has a bunch of cigarette taxes and thus has a black market in that. Bans and even stuff that's taxed to hell go straight to black markets. In fact, I like black markets because they're the American Way.  They're unadulterated free markets that show certain high minded idiot government entities are utter fools.  Al Capone is awesome, man.  He did more to rid the nation of the blight of alcohol prohibition than anyone else.  Don't get me started on his killings.  The US government has killed far, far more innocents than Al Capone.  Hopefully Eric knows it was a bunch of Anti Saloon League nags who drove for prohibition.  Such were fools in a prior era. Lots of folks wanted booze dreadfully and a Mafia arose to satisfy said demand. And... so it is with today's Nicotine Nazis. For Rags, nicotine Uber Alles and that is how I fuck off nicotine taxes. I'm at one with the black market and am damn proud of it. You see Eric, Jonersers are an assorted bunch.  I have the avarice of GenX and the "I deserve it" of Boomers.
I've explained that over and over. It's tiring. Bans on military weapons are just like bans on military explosives. They work in other countries. People "want" them because of the political propaganda. It's just another slogan. They aren't useful for anything else. Drinks and cigarettes get you high and addict you. Guns like those used at Orlando and Newtown etc. have no purpose other than to kill people in a rage. That's something to stop, not to allow. Assault weapons do not addict anybody. They just get into the wrong hands because we Americans are the stupid ones who allow this. No other developed country does. God looks after fools and drunkards and the United States of America, a famous statesman once said. I hope "He" still does.

You know, people like us have been really patient with the gun nuts and gun apologists for far too long. They complain that cries for gun control bring out extremists that want to ban all guns. Maybe their ridiculous and really cruel resistance to all gun regulations will hurt them in the end. Our side will get so fucking fed up, that we WILL come after them and take their fucking guns away. All of them! And damn whatever happens. The gun nuts may be bringing on what they fear.

Quote:After all the messes, the West is an incompetent fool. We don't know the tribal relations, we don't know the customs, and the list goes on.
Overgeneralizations like that might be understandable among T4T fans. But simple doctrines and simple answers always fail. It's complicated. The USA has done the right things many times, and the wrong things many times. The right people need to be in charge now. That's the Democrats, now.

Quote:Putin seems to be doing a good job in getting rid of IS, which is worse than Assad. IMHO of course.
In my not-so-humble-opinion, Putin is doing diddly nothing about IS. He's not even attacking it; he's attacking the rebels we need to overthrow Assad, who is just as bad. In terms of actual casualties (and refugees), Assad is 100 times worse than the IS.

Quote:Now, I agree with that. I think there is a ban that in theory we could have.  I'm all for banning all foreign influence/money for US elections. The penalty I have in mind is to jail foreign agents tossing money for about 20 years and a molasses and feathering for any politician caught taking foreign money.  Such politicians would have to submit to that procedure before appearing in TV ads or debates. That penalty should suffice in deterring the acceptance of foreign money on that side. Big Grin

I don't disagree, but it wouldn't solve the problem the USA has with Israel. It's not a financial problem. It's a loyalty/religious problem. Too many fanatics in the USA have got us hooked on Israel. That includes the Democrats. Even Hillary is off target on this; Sanders was better. We just have this thing about Israel, and aren't willing to risk offending the Jewish and Christian fanatics who protect them. Politicians and fanatics alike have the illusion that Israel is some kind of ally, although it does diddly-squat for us and just gets us into horrible trouble. I don't see it breaking.

So, again, we're stuck. We can't let go of one tyrant (Israel), we let in another due to our own unnecessary intervention (The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria/The Levant), and a third is resulting in a horrific, deadly genocide we could-have but failed to help prevent (Assad/the former nation of Syria).

You're right; it's unlikely that any solution or action will work. But some courses of action have a better chance than others.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50 dead in Orlando gay nightclub shooting - by Eric the Green - 06-22-2016, 12:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SELL DEAD FULLZ UK CLONE CARDS ATM DUMPS WITH PIN(KINGTRUST.TO)BUY CASHAPP/PAYPAP/GIL selldumps 0 137 03-14-2024, 03:12 AM
Last Post: selldumps