Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last 4T was in part an intelligence operation by the CIA
(03-04-2021, 03:58 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 05:56 PM)David Horn Wrote: 4Ts and 1Ts are not the best time to preach tolerance and acceptance of "foreign" ideas.  The Great Power saeculum had more than its share of built-in injustices, and the extent of the threats under both the GP and WW-II guaranteed a zero-tolerance environment once the war ended.  That may apply this time too.  It's too soon to know.

I have long predicted that the crisis and high would cause the conservative values to collapse.  It is part of the cycles.  The lessons learned in the crisis are driven home in the high.  The old way of doing things - kings, slaves, depressions, isolationism - are rejected and become un American in the high.

This time?

Rachel Maddow earlier this week broke into her normal presentation to make a few announcements.  In January, hers became the #1 cable TV show, eclipsing even the entertainment programs.  Then, she did it again in February, and MSNBC became the #1 cable network for the first time ever.

It might possibly be soon enough.  We'll see how it plays out.

That's good news. The Republicans have built a lot of walls to hold off the collapse of conservative values, however. They still have the gerrymandered state legislatures, with voter-suppression activities, the filibuster in a 50-50 senate with 1 unreliable red-state Democratic senator, and the supreme court. The Republican Party is still the Trump Cult, with its terrorists planning attacks. So, it's going to be a long slog, I think; certainly taking up the remainder of the 4T until 2028-29, and even beyond. We'll see.....
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: The last 4T was in part an intelligence operation by the CIA - by Eric the Green - 03-05-2021, 03:50 PM