Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last 4T was in part an intelligence operation by the CIA
(03-07-2021, 03:49 AM)Einzige Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 10:06 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 04:49 PM)Einzige Wrote: Nobody cares; Eisenhower was a piece of shit too.

So tell me who really was good. Sure, I can fault people for voting for Donald Judas Trump in view of all the warning signs. We never get "perfect" because nobody is perfect.

No, I mean Eisenhower was an anticommunist thug.

In the 1950's the only people not anti-Communist were Commies themselves. If you want to excuse the Commies for the body count, then you must excuse non-Communist butchers like Idi Amin, fascist butchers like Suharto and Pinochet, and of course Satan Hussein. I'm sure that you have no desire to exculpate Pinochet, Montt, Videla, or the genocidal perpetrators of the Rwanda massacres. 

Ike was one of the least thuggish of American political leaders of the time.  OK, the Dulles brothers duped him on Mossadegh and Arbenz, mistakes for which Americans and others (obviously Iranians and Guatemalans, especially) would pay a high price. In the 1950's the CIA had its idea of who the safest people that America could back were: the sorts of people who believed in capitalism at its harshest. You know those: the sorts of people who mow down strikers who seek better pay and working conditions.

Ike was able to broker a deal to get an armistice in Korea, most likely with Soviet leadership. By the 1950's Communism had a bad reputation for the body count... Witold Pilecki in Poland, Jacob Kaiser in East Germany, Mlada Horakova in Czechoslovakia, and Nikola Petkov in Bulgaria after WWII -- and figures like Rajk, Slansky, Patrascanu, and Kostov who were murdered to get a rival out of the way. Then there were the brutal suppressions of the East German uprising of 1952 and the Hungarian Revolution of 1956. I will of course excuse the Commies for executing war criminals; non-Communists did that too. Ike had contacts from the war... and an Order of Victory.

The Rosenberg-Greenglass spy ring was real, and it did send secret information to the Soviet Union.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The last 4T was in part an intelligence operation by the CIA - by pbrower2a - 03-07-2021, 07:52 AM