Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden Pandemic Adviser Calls for Four to Six Week National Lockdown
(03-29-2021, 06:09 PM)NLVT Wrote: Americans say that anyone who loves freedom supports the police state.

This sounds like computer-generated word salad. 

Real human beings can be offensive, abrasive, incoherent, ignorant, and obscene. Obviously I would trust neither Classic X'er nor Einzige with my basic human rights, but they seem to put a message together. Maybe they contort what I say into a sick parody. I don't know what Marxist-Leninist school Einzige belongs to, but even I can admit to learning something from Marx. Marx is obsolete; what other thinker who died in or before the year in which Harry Truman was born could be fully up-to-date on a topics that are anything but  stagnant? Is Marx relevant? Sure... and nobody who wishes to fully understand modern economics and sociology can avoid reading him without having some gap in essential knowledge in the field. If one is an anti-communist one is well advised to know the Enemy. I look at all Marxist-Leninist leaders and see body counts in the range of fascists, Nazis, and Baathists, and if I think someone like Ted Bundy or John Wayne Gacy an inexcusable horror, then what can I say of those who "liquidate" far larger numbers of people? 

I have also read Mein Kampf, and in it I saw the moral depravity and intellectual hollowness of Adolf Hitler and come to recognize that optimism in the potential achievements and personal goodness of other people is necessary for avoiding crimes like his. I have also read the Protocols, the infamous tract delineating the supposed conspiracy of all Jews by "race" to exploit, abuse, and dominate Gentiles, and see the absurdity.  Jews know who is Jewish by some equivalent of "gay-dar"? Antisemites have seen my writing on the Internet and have been absolutely certain that I am Jewish.  Well, I would rather be Jewish than what they are, as Judaism is morality and racist antisemitism is gross immorality that usually intertwines with other evil. 

The difference between the Commies and the Nazis is that nobody ever got the dubious experience of seeing bodies stacked like cordwood at a liberated camp (except that there are piles of skulls and bones associated with the Khmer Rouge, maintained by two successor states). I see much more in common between Agosto Pinochet and Fidel Castro than between Agosto Pinochet and someone without someone on the conservative Right (let us say Margaret Thatcher) who has practically no blood on her hands or Fidel Castro with some social democrat like Willy Brandt. In more recent times I see Ba'athist thugs like Satan Hussein and Assad pere and fils either rivaling fascist butchery or being fascist butchers themselves. 

I can argue with Classic X'er, who I think would butcher people much as Hutu perpetrators did in Rwanda to people whose humanity if he got the chance (and I welcome him to argue that he would not because he has some high principles that preclude him from denying the humanity of those who are unlike himself). If he lacks such principles, maybe I can demonstrate the necessity of such principles to any claim of being fully American. I can argue with Einzige on my interpretation of what I have seen among Marx's writings, including the Communist Manifesto and Capital.  Marx may be useful and even necessary for a full understanding of economic history, but he certainly isn't enough. Politics may be theoretical, but they at best have practical tests of accommodating human dreams and dodging the nightmares. Theories do not support themselves on pure reasoning alone.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 5,998 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability pbrower2a 348 91,163 03-11-2022, 11:08 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,099 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Biden Administration Bans Importation Of Russian Ammunition chairb 0 680 10-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Biden’s overreach on executive edicts chairb 0 633 10-21-2021, 01:31 AM
  Rep. Bob Gibbs introduces articles of impeachment against Biden chairb 0 623 10-20-2021, 09:31 PM
  Biden follows through on pledge to take in more refugees chairb 0 610 10-19-2021, 11:25 PM
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 608 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
  Yes, Biden Wants to End Fracking chairb 0 657 10-19-2021, 01:25 AM
  Top brass expose Biden’s biggest Afghanistan lies chairb 0 633 10-19-2021, 12:08 AM