Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Occupy Movement Ten Years Late?
I'm old enough that if I should be flat broke under a political order that I despise because liberals took gambles for a better world and failed, that death will be deliverance. In a society that values only power and indulgence, life is only an unworthy burden. I have no trustworthy family, and I am unlikely to strike up a love interest. Meaning in life? One finds it long before elderhood or one never does.

I see the next Trump-like resurgence of the Hard Right as far worse because the leader will be far more efficient and savvy -- and no less vindictive and ruthless. That would be an America with torture chambers and concentration camps, one in which people would disappear into some unidentifiable murk reminiscent of Nazi Nacht und Nebel (Night and Fog), the sort of order in which people get deliverance only in military defeat.

I might kill myself if Donald Trump gets elected anew in 2024. At least I will have finally seen a total eclipse of the sun, which will be about 80 miles from where I live.

My apology for the pity party.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Occupy Movement Ten Years Late? - by pbrower2a - 09-25-2021, 01:41 AM