Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
now that I think about it, we were quite the 4T nation for a while (very briefly)
(09-30-2021, 08:55 PM)AspieMillennial Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 08:17 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 07:23 PM)AspieMillennial Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 06:58 PM) pid=\79051' Wrote:Further development of that aspect of a new order will have to wait until the next prophets arrive. But "new order" here refers to a majority consensus and shapes the predominant movements in society, especially political, economic and cultural/social ones. You can continue to pursue and develop your religion and relationship to God among your minority of believers, but you can't hope for it to become part of a restoration narrative during this 4T.

Your more restrictive, doctrinaire, dogmatic approach to religion, especially one able to be imposed upon others, at the expense of democracy, may never be the majority consensus narrative or worldview again in The West or most of the Orient. But that does not mean at all that spirituality won't assume a greater role and position in culture and society than it has now within today's predominantly secular, pro-scientific society of millennials and the fourth turning. Spirituality and even relationship with God is not limited to the sort of religion that you believe in.

Why wouldn't it though? The traditional Catholics among my generation can convert the children of the secularists who see their parents as having empty values. The empty void their kids feel is something we can use to mass convert. This conversion can happen in the 2T. Then we can use that as a springboard to make the secular Millennials live by these rules and even convert because they want to conform. It will be justice after seeing Christians mocked and shunned by the normal culture. The secular Millennials that abused religious Millennials will suffer the consequences when the backlash happens.

I have my prediction on who would most be amenable to Traditional Catholicism: the children of the converts from Presbyterianism in the Mountain and Deep South to the 'independent' Southern Baptist churches that promote superstition such as young-earth creationism (the Catholic Church wants nothing to do with that hindrance to faith) and with the reactionary economics that hurt poor people of any kind. Their parents took the heartlessness of Calvinism and melded it with a philosophy that considered science evil.

I think so too. It offers an alternative to people who want faith but don't want to turn off their brains. Catholics are also better at debating with atheists. Now that secularism is the norm, the typical atheist or agnostic arguments are far easier to topple. Their arguments mostly boil down to "It's the 2020s", "sky daddy" insults, or mentioning science without even telling what the science is. I like telling them their ideology is a trend they do just to look smart and fit in.

...and with people whose religiosity is superstition devoid of intellectual content or moral appeal. I think of the Prosperity Gospel.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: now that I think about it, we were quite the 4T nation for a while (very briefly) - by pbrower2a - 10-01-2021, 12:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our No-Vacation Nation beechnut79 38 21,251 02-07-2023, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Tim Randal Walker