Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100,000 deaths by overdose in one year
It's amazing. We are seeing a real fall in vehicle-related deaths in part because of more rigorous enforcement (yes, people use their cell phones to report drunk drivers and often have video cameras to record vehicle crashes, so people had better drive more carefully). Most vehicle accidents result from bad driving, including red light violations, speeding, driving too fast for conditions, tailgating (I pull over to let tailgaters pass me), distracted or drowsy driving, or DUI.

More people are dying of opiates, and much of it is the result of drugs laced with fentanol. Fentanol is a cheap opiate stronger, deadlier, and more addictive than heroin. We have taken numerous measures (like modifying roads -- I love roundabouts, cutting the standard for drunk driving, mandating safety improvements on cars, and heightening the law enforcement. Some cities have red-light cameras. (I have seen video of bad driving, and red-light violations are among the worst for potential damage).

Why can't we do much the same for opiates?
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 100,000 deaths by overdose in one year - by pbrower2a - 02-19-2023, 06:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whatsapp: +16465806302 Buy driver's license, 100% undetectable counterfeit euros. dar markcarls 0 54 04-18-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: markcarls
  Handmaid's Tale: TV series to air this year X_4AD_84 0 1,583 03-27-2017, 11:53 PM
Last Post: X_4AD_84