The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The USA is a racist society
If there were any doubt that the USA is a racist, white-supremacist society, recent events should quell that notion. It certainly does for me. And also a society bordering on totalitarian societies like Belarus and Myanmar. (I should have put white supremacist in the title too, seeing as how Classic Xer reverses the meaning of racist, but I can't edit the title)

The vigilante Kyle Rittenhouse was let off after murdering 2 protesters who were marching against the cop assault on young black man Jacob Blake, who was shot in the back 7 times and paralyzed in Kenosha WI just for getting into his car, and the cop had been let off without charge too. An almost all white jury is now deciding if it should also let off 3 white men for killing young black man Armaud Arbury on grounds they were making a citizens arrest and acting in self-defense.

The mania about critical race theory is another indication. The racists think school children should not be aware of the racism that exists and that has existed in our society. The Republican totalitarian militants say protesters should be put down by force, just like the junta in Myanmar does along with many other dictators around the world. I wonder if Kyle will inspire other violent racists to pick up guns and kill people; what about you Classic Xer?

Here's how Public Citizen puts it today:
(quote)

Earlier today, Kyle Rittenhouse was found “not guilty” on all counts.

Rittenhouse was 17 years old when he crossed state lines with an assault rifle in August of 2020 — to, in his words, protect property — as protests spread through Kenosha, Wisconsin, after police there shot an unarmed Black man (in the back, seven times) named Jacob Blake.

Rittenhouse ended up shooting three people, killing two of them.

Because our laws are so skewed in favor of gun ownership and claims of “self-defense” — at least for white people — a case was able to be made for Rittenhouse’s acquittal.

Even Rittenhouse’s defenders should view what happened as a tragedy.

But instead, right-wing figures are having a field day, declaring Rittenhouse a hero. Here are just a few examples:
  • Rep. Matt Gaetz announced that Rittenhouse would “make a great congressional intern.”
  • Hedge fund billionaire Bill Ackman called Rittenhouse a “civil hero.”
  • Fox News “personality” Greg Gutfeld thinks Rittenhouse “did what the government should have done” by making sure “these violent, disgusting dirtbags weren’t roaming the streets.”
  • Gutfeld’s colleague Tomi Lahren — who three years ago stated that the “highlight” of her Thanksgiving was watching border patrol agents teargas immigrants — opined that “the decent people of this country are tired of allowing it to be destroyed by thugs and miscreants.”
  • And Fox News’s biggest act, Tucker Carlson, said that in a “normal country,” Black Lives Matter activists would “be put down immediately with force.”
This idolization of Rittenhouse is one more example of a very dangerous phenomenon — the calculated encouragement and normalization of political violence — that is unfolding all across America.

We saw it last week when a sitting member of Congress, Rep. Paul Gosar, proudly posted an animated video in which he is depicted killing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and attacking President Joe Biden.

We saw it on January 6 when a mob incited by Donald Trump laid siege to the United States Capitol in what amounted to an attempted coup d’etat to keep Trump in power.

We saw it last summer when a wealthy white couple in St. Louis pointed guns at unarmed people participating in a Black Lives Matter march after George Floyd’s murder. (One half of that couple, Mark McCloskey, is now running for the Senate. He showed up in Kenosha during the trial to show support for Rittenhouse, posing for photos with people making “white power” hand signals.)

We are witnessing the emergence of a proto-fascist movement that has a categorically different disdain for democracy, multiculturalism, and the rule of law than anything we’ve seen in generations.

Please join me in this simple but essential commitment:

I am outraged by the rise of neo-fascism in America. Democracy cannot exist at the end of a gun. We must stand up to right-wing leaders who foment, glorify, and even perpetrate political violence.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
The USA is a racist society - by Eric the Green - 11-19-2021, 05:43 PM
RE: The USA is a racist society - by pbrower2a - 11-20-2021, 03:43 AM
RE: The USA is a racist society - by David Horn - 11-20-2021, 09:07 AM
RE: The USA is a racist society - by David Horn - 11-21-2021, 10:12 AM
RE: The USA is a racist society - by Anthony '58 - 12-11-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: The USA is a racist society - by pbrower2a - 12-11-2021, 03:34 PM
RE: The USA is a racist society - by Anthony '58 - 12-11-2021, 10:24 PM
RE: The USA is a racist society - by Anthony '58 - 12-12-2021, 07:38 AM
RE: The USA is a racist society - by pbrower2a - 12-12-2021, 11:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  +37068326975)) Buy Real EU/USA/UK/Canadian Passports,Driver’s License, ID Cards, jacksonnans01 0 13 Today, 07:23 AM
Last Post: jacksonnans01
  The USA Today editorial board calls for Copmala Harris to oversee police reform Einzige 0 749 04-17-2021, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Einzige
  America is a sick society Eric the Green 238 137,949 01-25-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  New Ideas for the revved up society Eric the Green 22 11,053 04-18-2019, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  racist feudalism Eric the Green 1 1,042 01-10-2018, 03:26 PM
Last Post: David Horn