The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who else would like politics to be humdrum?
While I'm not old enough to remember when Truman and his "vital-center liberals" (as Arthur Schlesinger Jr. called them) "dueled" with Eisenhower's "modern Republicans" for control of the country, I sure hope that I live long enough to see that arrangement - or something closely resembling it - return.

But this, of course, will require the Culture Wars to end - and so long as the fires of Roe v. Wade and what if anything to do about it continue to rage, that will clearly not happen.
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892

Messages In This Thread
Who else would like politics to be humdrum? - by Anthony '58 - 01-13-2022, 03:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Authoritarianism and American politics pbrower2a 75 73,735 01-13-2022, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  SJW's, Identity politics, Alt-Left and Alt-Right Teejay 37 26,326 10-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Last Post: David Horn