Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Generational Culinary Cycle
One of the significant Boomer contributions to food culture was the idea of food or beverage as a form of self-denial. Sugar-free, fat-free, calorie-free. What is the point of calorie-free food, one might wonder? It elevates consumption to an act of self-expression, even a display of status, letting the world know you can afford to pay more for your water. The iconic Boomer product is the Diet Coke.

GenXers were more interested in "food as fuel." Just give me the best deal and fill me up so I can go the longest between meals. The iconic GenXer product is the supersized fast food meal.

For Millennials, convenience is still important, but there's an understanding that packaged, processed food is bad for your health (we all know that, GenXers maybe just didn't care so much). In their time, packaged foods have been upscaled, with far more variety of cuisine and preparation options. The iconic Millennial product is the home-delivered meal kit.

Just a few thoughts from me for you to digest!
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages

Messages In This Thread
The Generational Culinary Cycle - by Lemanic - 02-20-2022, 08:53 PM
RE: The Generational Culinary Cycle - by sbarrera - 02-22-2022, 08:41 AM
RE: The Generational Culinary Cycle - by sbarrera - 02-22-2022, 02:42 PM