The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia invades Ukraine, threatens The West
Russia invaded Ukraine at about 6 am Moscow time Feb 24, 2022. Our world has changed. A monster dictator is on the loose and he has proven he will not stop until he restores the Soviet Union, bringing on a new Cold War and probably a hot war. The West has been weak in stopping him. We didn't stop him in Syria. We didn't stop him in his annexations so far. There may have been only so much we were willing or able to do, then. We could have offered Putin a deal this month of no Ukraine NATO membership in exchange for no more Russian threats to Ukraine. I doubt he would have accepted it, and we didn't offer it. Putin's aim as the new Russian Tsar is restoration of the Soviet Union and the Russian Empire, and to support his fellow dictators everywhere as he already does. Putin now sees NATO as weak, divided and vulnerable to all kinds of attacks. We can't afford to be weak anymore. If we don't stop Putin in Ukraine, then he will invade the Baltic countries, and war with Russia will proceed. China will see us as weak too and attack Taiwan. Putin has already threatened nuclear attack against anyone who "interferes." The time for weakness is over.

I think it's too late for diplomacy, unless his war in Ukraine quickly becomes a quagmire for him. The USA and The West must do everything possible to make it a quagmire. We can only negotiate with a monster through strength. We must supply the Ukraine freedom fighters with more weapons, including hand held rockets of the kind that defeated Russia in Afghanistan, and more air power and missiles. The Ukrainians can come in and out of Poland to be supplied. Above all we must have tougher sanctions. So far, as of Feb.25, Biden's sanctions have been too weak. We must cut off Russia entirely from all commerce with the USA and all our partners and friends. 

We need to wage TOTAL economic war on Russia, and that means we can't be held hostage to higher gas prices, lazy consumers, greedy oil companies and foreign dictators. That means we must start to accelerate the transition away from fossil fuels and making oil barons comfortable. We must transition to renewables as a matter of national security and the free world in order to wage economic war on Russia and end climate breakdown. The leader of EU sees this need already, so we have no excuse not to. Write to Manchin and tell him!

These existential threats are linked, and so are the others we face now. The USA must now restart progress. We and our allies must raise taxes to make this transition and support Ukraine freedom fighters and our alliance; NATO cannot deter Russia on the cheap, nor can our energy transition be done that way. Taxes must be raised. Military budgets across NATO must be beefed up. It will take millions of soldiers in Eastern Europe, not thousands. We must be ready for war in every way, including readiness to take out his nuclear weapons before he strikes us. I used to be opposed to missile defense or SDI/"Star Wars" but now we need it. Detente has ended and we face a Hitler, not a Breshnev.

Write to Biden now and tell him!

The fourth turning is now well and truly upon us. It is the late 1930s again folks!
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Russia invades Ukraine, threatens The West - by Eric the Green - 02-25-2022, 05:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are Russia, Iran and China afraid of Joe Biden? rnewo 0 592 01-31-2021, 10:59 PM
Last Post: rnewo
  Trump Threatens to Challenge Broadcast Licenses Over 'Fake News' nebraska 29 10,778 01-25-2018, 10:34 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Vote Trump or die, says Russia. Einzige 3 3,679 10-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green