Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is "Woke" politics a pseudo-awakening?
(03-07-2022, 04:05 PM)JasonBlack Wrote: [/url][url=http://generational-theory.com/forum/user-26.html]Eric the Green
Briefly, my point wasn't that none of those issues have any more work that needs to be done (especially environmental issues), but the pretense of originality and "consciousness" behind which they are presented. Even if you are focusing on all the right issues (I presented a mixed bag above), the present problem is that the fixation tends to be on "awareness", lazily stepping any discourse into more practical action steps, policy proposals or realistic alternatives to the current status quo. 

You are also absolutely correct about the majority of black Americans not supporting the "defund the police" movement. The majority of them, if they don't live in dangerous neighborhoods themselves, at least have experience visiting such places or otherwise have friends or family who do. On balance, black liberals are a demographic I've had a far easier time finding common ground with on account of a greater focus on results and an intolerance for rhetorical buzzwords and moral pretense. 

It is hard to verify the amount of "pretense" which an entire generation displays or presents, however.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is "Woke" politics a pseudo-awakening? - by Eric the Green - 03-07-2022, 05:10 PM