Poll: Which of the following two generation is more selfish?
Silent
Boom
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is more selfish, Silent or Boom?
Depends. My Silent parents were stingy, self-centered narcissists and many Gen Jones and Gen Xers will tell you their Silents were the same. First wave Boomers the same. Gen Jones (what S & H called late wave Boomers) are mixed; some selfish some not and that is usually divided along conservative/Republican-selfish and liberal progressive Democrat-unselfish. Gen X (those early wave with Silent parents) is also mixed but they and Jonesers got the worst of Silent parental neglect and negative press about kids but Gen X grew up in the excessive, money-focused 80's as children and teens so many of them focus on money and because they came of age in or after de-regulation 80's which crapped on their economic prospects as adults.

Gen Jones had the promise of their prosperous childhood but the emotional damage of Silent divorces and the assassinations of Heroes in their early 60's childhoods (Gen Jones I call the Assassination Generation) which made them grow up too fast. That economic promise was destroyed with policies like de-regulation in the 80's which allowed GI's, Silents, and Early Boomers to keep getting the good economic
lives while shafting Gen Jones, Gen X, Millennials, and Gen Z for the payment. Gen Jones straddled the technology boom; teaching themselves computers while older Boomers and Silents had to be taught and spoon-fed. So Gen Jones and some X parents raised their Millennial and Gen Z kids with a lot of support and protection.

Carecare7~"I practice the religion of kindness."~The Dalai Lama 
Pick my brain:  http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?carecare7
INFJ~Advocate (rarest type)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is more selfish, Silent or Boom? - by carecare7 - 05-14-2019, 03:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silent of the Week Thread sbarrera 24 14,961 06-22-2020, 05:26 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  Who is more religious? The Silent Generation or the Boomer Generation? AspieMillennial 9 5,588 01-18-2020, 09:08 AM
Last Post: AspieMillennial
  Silent Generation Sub Forum sbarrera 8 4,231 08-19-2019, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  A personal anecdote about the Silent generation sbarrera 2 2,497 12-19-2018, 07:37 AM
Last Post: sbarrera
  Fading Silent GeekyCynic 5 6,041 07-28-2017, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew
  The Silent Generation and comedy pbrower2a 3 4,657 04-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green