Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump And The New Social Darwinism
(07-30-2016, 02:19 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(07-27-2016, 11:56 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(07-27-2016, 10:39 PM)MillsT_98 Wrote: I'm not advocating this, but isn't this social Darwinism among nations supposed to bring unity throughout the 4T? Donald Trump's populist vibe seems to take care of that by unifying those who support him in the crusade against Mexicans and Muslims. However, it seems to not be working, and it's only dividing us.
It's dividing us on on the view point of whether we view ourselves as Americans, or global citizens subject the authority of so-called world or global powers and interests that be so to speak. In my opinion, Trump is just scratching the surface of the anger at this point and the more global minded progressive better become more aware of the internal discontentment that Trump now represents in a much smaller form than what it will become eventually. Right now, we have liberals playing their petty games with peoples minds like they do consistently. On the other side, you have a much more serious constituency who has had enough of the liberal games and their more global minded policies and minority driven policies. Right now, the Rhinos are the ones experiencing the heat of that more serious constituency. It is very clear the bulk of of the Republican base is ready to move on without the support of the Rhinos who were defeated. The jig is up at this point. I know the working class better than any liberal who posts here, The bulk of the liberals who post here live in a bubble with no connection working or relationship to the class who once placed them in power. So, in reality you're f-d, whether you f-d today or tomorrow doesn't matter much to me at this point.

The Bernie Sanders wing is just as large as the Trump wing, going by primary vote totals. Workers won't need to follow Trump, who represents the oligarchy and fires workers, when they have a champion like Bernie available who will make sure that globalism is fair and does not hurt workers, the economy or the environment.

As for "minority-driven policies," you make phrases like that, and then deny that you are racist. What if that dog-whistle, which you make into a siren, loses its appeal in an increasingly-diverse nation with younger generations that respect that diversity? What if the minorities become the majority?

Minorities will become the majority in the next few decades! More children are being born to non-white parents than any other time before us, and the birth rate has become lower among white parents. Because of this, the population of minorities has accelerated, and will soon become greater than the majority. As more children are racial minorities, today's children will become more accepting of racial diversity than any other generation, and will hopefully grow up under a time of unity and pluralism (which we should have during the 4T and ironically we are more divisive than before), not only among races and ethniticies, but also in investing in a common future. I suggest that the new generation of Adaptives should be called the "Pluralist Generation," or "Plurals" for short. I didn't make that name up, but I really like it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again."
—Thomas Paine, Common Sense (1776)

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump And The New Social Darwinism - by MillsT_98 - 07-31-2016, 01:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The threat of misinformation, conspiracy theory and social media to our democracy Eric the Green 34 6,468 05-06-2022, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Donald Trump: polls of approval and favorability pbrower2a 792 317,214 10-08-2021, 06:08 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Gov. Whitmer Violates Her Own Social Distancing Order during Civil Rights March Luza 0 586 02-03-2021, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Luza
  BBC Video... Donald Trump and the MAFIA pbrower2a 2 1,840 05-29-2020, 03:47 PM
  H1N1 vs COVID-19 - different social moments? sbarrera 29 10,681 05-01-2020, 04:30 PM
  Social Security trust fund projected to run dry by 2034 nebraska 0 846 12-31-2017, 01:13 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Why One Baby Buster Voted For Donald Trump Anthony '58 43 26,170 01-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  What if Donald Trump is the new John C. Fremont? Anthony '58 1 2,353 10-19-2016, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Einzige
  Prominent Republicans call for Donald Trump to drop out of the nomination pbrower2a 7 7,905 10-12-2016, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Odin
  Poll of the U.S. military has Gary Johnson tied with Donald Trump Dan '82 3 3,225 09-23-2016, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58