Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct
I am reminded of one once-prominent journalist who got caught in a scandal involving (I forget -- plagiarism or fabrication?). A few years later he was discovered at a department store selling underwear. Such was all that he was deemed qualified to do. Minimum wage.

As for the others -- F--- 'em. Many of us would have been delighted to hold their jobs. I would not put mine at risk through sexual harassment any more than I would through embezzlement. In view of the damage that sexual harassment can do to a company, sexual harassment is every bit as harmful as embezzlement because the loss comes through the legal system in a loss far greater than sticky fingers can do.

The generational cycle suggests that a return to patterns of the 1T -- when employers assumed and expected marital fidelity as evidence of trustworthiness with corporate assets and image -- could be returning soon. The star system that concentrates so much reward in so few people makes betrayals of trust even more devastating to corporate assets and image.

OK, so we are more mature about LGBT sex. That can stick.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct - by pbrower2a - 03-12-2020, 03:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unkind, Risk Averse and Untrusting beechnut79 13 9,804 07-17-2018, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund