The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Mid East tumult come to an end with the 4T?
What are people's thoughts? Will most of the chaos in the Middle East calm down as the 4T comes to an end, rendering Arab countries relatively safe to visit as a tourist the way most of Southeast Asia and Latin America is safe to visit today?

While it's patently obvious that the actions of the *West* have bred much resentment in the Arab world, it should be said that Arab culture is in many ways a violent culture, even on a micro scale, and this has nothing to do with Islam. After all, look at Indonesia or much of sub-Saharan Africa. Arabs, especially Arab men, are often quite belligerent people, in a way that Latinos and SE Asians are not. It's intrinsic Arab culture, regardless of religion, and the treatment of women goes hand-in-hand with that. Just walking in the street in Paris, where I live, I'll often get 'looks' from random North African men in the street, like "look at that white boy over there..." without my even doing anything. The so-called "Islamic treatment" of women is not a Muslim thing but an Arab one. So one could say that Arab belligerence is the byproduct of Western oppression, but then why don't Latinos, sub-Saharan Africans, and Southeast Asians act this way? May the explanation not on some level lie in Arab culture. None of the actual terrorists are Persian or Turkish. Women are FAR more oppressed in countries *we're* allied with such as Saudi Arabia than they are in Iran. That is a fact.

Messages In This Thread
Will the Mid East tumult come to an end with the 4T? - by Remy Renault - 08-12-2016, 04:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Might quantitative society end up the theme of the next High? nguyenivy 2 1,743 05-20-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a