Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Mid East tumult come to an end with the 4T?
(08-12-2016, 11:16 AM)tg63 Wrote: As long as the western & developing world is dependent on oil, and as long as the Middle East remains one of the primary sources of that resource (if not THE primary source), conflict will be present.

That might suggest that the Middle East conflicts WILL end after the 4T, because the developed and developing world MUST stop using oil by the end of this 4T. That is the chief challenge our 4T must meet.

But the people in the Middle East are largely the cause of their own conflicts, and have been for millennia. Remy's point about Arabs seems fitting to me. So I would predict conflict will continue; especially as long as the region continues to be under the thumb of dictators. It seems very hard for them to throw them out. And, religious and tribal divisions and resentments remain. Plus, as long as Israel is there, and refuses to make peace and justice with its neighbors, the Arabs will keep fighting Israel. There's no sign that will change any time soon. In fact, a lot of the current dictatorships arose because they were able to use fear of Israel to enforce greater obedience. On the other hand, those people have never known democracy before. And in our age of global communications and trade, young people want it. Switching from oil will also be an economic challenge there.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will the Mid East tumult come to an end with the 4T? - by Eric the Green - 08-13-2016, 02:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Might quantitative society end up the theme of the next High? nguyenivy 2 1,745 05-20-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a