Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Mid East tumult come to an end with the 4T?
(08-13-2016, 02:05 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 11:16 AM)tg63 Wrote: As long as the western & developing world is dependent on oil, and as long as the Middle East remains one of the primary sources of that resource (if not THE primary source), conflict will be present.

That might suggest that the Middle East conflicts WILL end after the 4T, because the developed and developing world MUST stop using oil by the end of this 4T. That is the chief challenge our 4T must meet.

While we might be able to put a real framework in place for alternatives within 15 years, there's simply no way that the world will be in any kind of position to stop using oil.  Look around - highways, home heating, shipping & trucking, air travel ... we are decades away from replacing all that infrastructure, no matter how imperative the need is.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting there won't be ongoing conflict in the ME, of course there will be.  But will it stabilize to the point where the original poster is going? ie safe enough for travel similar to central America today ... well, maybe, once western & Russian interests are sufficiently diminished.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will the Mid East tumult come to an end with the 4T? - by tg63 - 08-15-2016, 11:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Might quantitative society end up the theme of the next High? nguyenivy 2 1,749 05-20-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a