Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Mid East tumult come to an end with the 4T?
(10-05-2016, 03:21 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(10-05-2016, 12:12 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(10-05-2016, 10:58 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: The other reason we care is the fact that our European/NATO allies, Japan, Taiwan, S. Korea, and others, are completely dependent on Middle East oil.

1. Lot's of countries there man.  Let them fix it.
2. The US has shot it's credibility to hell over there. It's time to pack it up, assess why we fucked up so bad, and leave.
[Rags blames idiotic NeoCON policies].
3. As a "lessons learned", reiterate the fact the US is not "the indispensable nation" and  is fixing to fuck up all over again in Iraq. I'd  love to buy a call option on the event, IS will still have a presence in Iraq after this latest "surge" ends.

Is NATO an "idiotic Neocon policy." Do we just go back to the way it was in the 1930s, and just let the SHTF, hoping for the best?

I'd say  keeping NATO around after the Warsaw pact is an idiotic policy. Big Grin  It's simple really. George Bush Sr. promised Gorbachev that NATO would "never move an inch eastward".  Well, look what happened.  NATO has indeed moved Eastward quite a way. That means the US can't keep promises worth a shit. And... since Russia and the US both have nukes,  only idiots would work towards having WWIII. "Trust, but verify should be the policy". Wrt, 1930's, yes, because the US only produces "consumption" in the world economy.  I bet the Pentagram hasn't even figured out how much of their fancy weapons shit originates in China.  If you're essentially a dead broke banana republic with nukes, yes a 1930's policy is where we need to be!
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Might quantitative society end up the theme of the next High? nguyenivy 2 1,749 05-20-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a