Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this Crisis echo the Glorious Revolutuon?
(01-31-2017, 12:36 AM)Marypoza Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 12:23 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 11:39 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 09:11 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 07:14 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: The average age of the Senate was in the high 50s during the 1950s, so again, the GIs didn't take over until the end of the 1950s.  And that's ignoring the fact that the senior legislative positions are the more powerful ones.

And even if we set aside, you know, facts, there is a generation between Idealist and Civic that gets a say in the matter.  Remember, the theory states that in 4Ts, Prophets lead, Nomads manage, and Heroes follow orders, while Artists stay at home and STFU.

-- but l don't want Bernie to stay home & STFU
Nancy, otoh- past time to retire bitch

SomeGuy Wrote:yada yada....j all the time at the Presidential level, since the Silents got squeezed out of the White House...

-- both Bernie & Uncle Joe are considering 2020 runs.....

SomeGuy Wrote:Millies are going to be gaining in power and prominence for the next few decades, but by the time we finish clearing out all of the cautious Xers the new Idealists will come along to throw a wrench into all of our big plans.

It's the cycle of life, man.  Undecided

-- l wouldn't be surprised if the Millies took over as early as 2024, esp if this Crisis is similar to the Civil War. The Transcendentals all got thrown out of power. The Millies could very well ahem, drain the swamp, throwing out both Boomers & Xers, as well as any remaining Silents. Except for Bernie, that is.

The Transcendentals got thrown out of power AFTER the Civil War AND early Reconstruction. In our 4T the analogous years won't come until the 2030s.

I don't get why Marypoza is so down on Nancy Pelosi. She's a dedicated progressive. Not as perfect as Bernie, but who is? Certainly not that deceived young thing from Hawaii.

-- l want a new direction. She don't. l'll bet you voted 4 her too

ps, Tulsi is a Millie. The wave of the future

I'm not in her district. I did vote for my Democratic congressperson Anna Eshoo.

ps Tulsi is an idiot. A danger to the future

Sounds like a mere generational preference. The "new direction" we need is the same progressive direction we've had. We just need to finally shove the Republicons out of the way.

The Millies will be very dominant as voters in 2024. But not yet as officeholders. That election will be the first in which all millies are of voting age, but not yet hardly any homelanders.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread