Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this Crisis echo the Glorious Revolutuon?
(02-02-2017, 07:12 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 04:21 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 02:52 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 01:53 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 01:45 AM)Marypoza Wrote: -- while you & Rags were tete-a-teteing, l was googling tulsi holocaust denial & came up with zip. You got a link to that?

There need be no link. She is denying the holocaust in Syria.

-- but not the Holocaust. Which is what you implied. I have fun going back & forth with you, which is why l don't get pissed @ you like some others here do, but that was really low Eric  Angry

Otoh, Tulsi's been taking alot of heat for that trip, so she must of done something right. My homeboy Dennis was with her too, so l know it was all good  Smile

I don't know who Dennis is (Kucinich? a has-been; I finally guessed since now I know you're from Ohio), but what's going on in Syria is definitely a holocaust (if not THE "holocaust"), perpetrated by a ruthless, genocidal dictator named Assad upon his people who rose peacefully against him and demanded that he help them in their economic and climate-caused distress. Instead he kills 400,000 of his people and forces most of the rest out of his country and onto the shores or terrified Europeans and paranoid Trumpians. Horrible; the worst thing since Hitler. And Tulsi simply denies it. Incredible. Insane.

-- Eric, a general rule of thumb: when ppl say the word "holocaust, the holocaust is question is usually the one that happened during WW2. So a holocaust denier (& there are plenty, but Tulsi is not among them) refers to somebody who denies that particular holocaust.   Now don't get me wrong- 400,000 ppl is a gawd-awful body count.. but nothing compared to 6 million dead bodies. Hell it ain't even 10%. The WW2 holocaust still rules. And I really wish ppl wouldn't trivialize that horror show. Same thing with calling Assad Hitler. Bad as he is, he's still eating Hitler's dust. And as for the Orange Menace.. bitch puh-leeze. 

Tulsi's not denying it. She's simply saying the Govt shouldn't be arming IS. And that any peace deal has to involve Assad. Considering he's the Syrian prez, that's just common sense

As for my homeboy Dennis, call him washed up, but l was merely stating that his progressive bona fides are not in question if you (or Odin, or anybody is doubtig Tulsi's ) he was marginalized by the Dems for being their conscience, this last census they merged his district with neighboring ones & managed to get him out of Congress  Angry
It's possible he's positioning himself for a gubenatorial run next yr, if so that would be cool Smile

The Trumpheads benefit greatly from Assad/Tulsi propaganda that he's fighting "terrorists" and the USA is arming them. Trumpfaces think that Syrians are terrorists and should not be allowed in. What if we had done that to the Jews in WWII? The behavior of the USA under Trump is worse by far than the behavior of the USA under FDR, even considering the camps for Japanese. 

The USA is NOT arming IS; the USA is fighting and bombing IS. She can't seem to get that obvious fact straight. That is denial big time, and a massacre of this size today is comparable to Hitler. It is a huge disaster. It is a new holocaust, and it isn't over. It's the only proper word for it. To deny it, is to deny the lessons we should have learned from THE Holocaust. To deny that the USA is helping the Free Syrian Army, and that they represent the Syrian people, is to deny that they rose up against the tyrant and were answered with murder. It is to deny the biggest war crime of our time. Tulsi is denying the biggest war crime of our time. This I cannot respect.

And Tulsi is dead wrong. She's demanding that today's Hitler be part of a "peace deal?" How insane. No peace deal can involve Assad. The only peace possible on those terms is victory by Assad, which means most of his people are dead or gone. Assad can never be the legitimate ruler of his country again. John Kerry was wise enough to see that.

Dennis was great; I went to hear him; I got to meet him and shake his hand. Sorry to say that in recent years he has increasingly devolved into conspiracy theory. He's not so cool anymore.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread