Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Motor Company practically abandons small passenger autos
(04-26-2018, 08:47 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 08:39 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Small cars make no sense when the fuel economy standards let SUVs consume 50% more gas than comparably sized cars, and let larger cars consume more fuel than smaller cars, without penalty.

Fix the fuel economy standards, and we'll fix this idiocy.

I'd prefer an oil import tax set high enough to pay for the US continuance in the Mid East shitshow. Folks who shout USA, USA can then show their support in a real way, People will buy more fuel efficient cars due to permanently high gas prices.

While I have no real dog in this fight....my newest car was manufactured in the late 1970s  (seriously I stopped being interested in autos sometime after they all started looking alike).  I would support having a huge tariff on imported oil.  Conviently this would raise prices for oil and oil products in the US leading to even greater use of fracking and other domestic sources.

I'm not so sure that the fuel economy standards have much to do with the trend away from smaller cars by the big three.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ford Motor Company practically abandons small passenger autos - by Kinser79 - 04-28-2018, 05:16 AM