Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was 911 & the Cultural Aftermath/Change in National Mood Part of This Crisis Period?
(06-27-2018, 01:53 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 07:33 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The idea that the US-Vietnam War, the Pentagon Papers about it, or Watergate as its domestic reflection, have left no impact on younger people, is saying that younger people do not know any history today. That's possible, but it's also true that "when you lower the bar, it tends to stay down barring a major effort to raise it back to its former place" "with nothing having been done to offset the negative effects". Many young people also have parents were were involved or injured by the war in some way or involved in the protests against it, so this is one reason it may still be an influential source of today's attitudes. 

The best logical conclusion of such a level of distrust in the government, is that the government is substantially changed or overthrown. That is what the sixties radicals proposed all along. The younger generations will now be the power behind this possible logical outcome. This 4T, to be fulfilled, must be a revolution.

Symbolically, this is echoed in the cycles of our planets in 2022 by the first-ever Pluto Return to its place in 1776 since King George was taken down as ruler of America.

But a violent revolution by the left against the state is a likely fail. A movement that results in dynamic and substantial change through revitalized elections is more likely, and demographic shifts seem to support it despite the efforts of the current so-called president and the Supreme Court to stem the tide. The violence then would come from the right, as it did in the civil war. And it should be more-easily suppressed this time...

I agree that a violent revolution is out.  It won't work -- not today, at least.  So we march out of the 4T having achieved a stalemate at best.

I always use this argument about guns in America.  To me it is pretty clear the Right to bear arms is not so murky. 

It is provided to us (even commanded that we all arm ourselves!) to ward against federal consolidation of power.  It has nothing to do with someone stealing a chicken from your farm. 

But as you say, even if every person gathered right now and marched on washington, they would prevail.  I believe that since the events of WWII and final consolidation of federal power against/above lower entities, we turned a corner from which there is no return.

The second ammendment has been completely nullified, I don't care at all if people are out killing animals for sport or even eating them when they could go to Ralphs instead, the provision has nothing at all to do with us protecting against each other.  To the contrary, it has ALL to do with us protecting each other against washington D.C. and everything that happens there.

We cannot prevail, thus as you have elaborated we wait for the grinding process of Old Rome to decide between each other.  And in the end, what do we have but a perfect storm?  2 sides.  Democrat v Republican.  An archetype in power that is immovable and unchangeable.  And a struggle to implement their both ideologies at all cost.  Yeah, things will get done for sure.   Angry

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was 911 & the Cultural Aftermath/Change in National Mood Part of This Crisis Period? - by TheNomad - 07-20-2018, 06:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  National leadership disaster sbarrera 5 3,416 07-20-2020, 03:07 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  How this Crisis will be resolved (for the U.S.) Mickey123 8 4,240 01-23-2020, 10:41 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  4T Crisis = Climate Change igranderojo 5 3,993 12-31-2019, 05:54 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  It looks like Trump is setting the mood for the 1T. disasterzone 153 113,811 06-07-2018, 02:14 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a