Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Crisis War Unfolding Now?
(07-20-2018, 12:58 AM)TheNomad Wrote:
(07-19-2018, 11:30 PM)Tim Randal Walker Wrote: I recall that the paleo site had a thread listing 4Ts for various countries.

Not every one had a war.  During the 19th century, Britain had a bloodless Reform Crisis, and Canada had a rather low key Confederation Crisis.

That is interesting when I read the books the authors really never talked about other nations very much. And when they talk about America they really only use examples that involve kind of ideology. 

American Revolution was ideology that America did not want to be subjugated to a crown. Then after that you have the Civil War which was obviously based on an ideology North vs South. After that we have World War II obviously a clash of ideologies on a global scale.  

All three of those resets in American civilization involved violence great amounts of violence.  I'm trying to remember if there was anything in the texts that was an example of a bloodless American fourth turning. Can anyone remember that?

There was no such fourth turning. For a milder war crisis you have to go back to the English cycle from which America was descended, the battle against the Spanish Armada. The authors titled an entire turning based on the rivalry of England and Spain, and the underlying religious and dynastic conflict.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
The New Crisis War Unfolding Now? - by TheNomad - 06-05-2018, 07:25 AM
RE: The New Crisis War Unfolding Now? - by Eric the Green - 07-20-2018, 03:17 AM