Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is The Current American Border Dispute A Catalyst Event?
(06-22-2018, 09:04 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(06-21-2018, 12:09 PM)TheNomad Wrote:
(06-21-2018, 11:52 AM)tg63 Wrote: I'm skeptical of it being a catalyst. To this point it has triggered widespread condemnation, but I don't see signs of it spiraling into something bigger. Of course that could change ... it certainly warrants monitoring (aside from the obvious reasons that it bears monitoring).

My post was based on the idea I get the fe
eling this issue is being bloated to the point of it no longer being about the actual subject matter but a belated explosion toward a regime and ALL its stances - that have been an accursed thing since the last election by many.  If I am correct, things similar to that happened to/around Lincoln and also FDR.  Both caused high fear and anxiety by a large portion of the populace until things came to a head soon after.  And, as you probably know, both of those presidents presided over the last 2 Crisis events in prior saeculums.

We may only know in hindsight, I am simply monitoring the situation... the "spark" is rarely the fire itself.  But let's keep an eye on this one Smile .  And of course, it is never so clean cut.  The "catalyst" events are rarely themselves the thing of sea change but ramp up to it.  Thus, general mood shifts and movement within the Turning itself.  That's how we can gauge the "clock" so-to-speak.

Let's say you are right, and this is a response to Trumpism in general. So what?  Perhaps you are trying to define a symptom as the problem, and are making the opposite mistake yourself?  From my POV, that's exactly the case.  

Maybe I did not communicate properly?  What you say above about "symptom as problem".  I never meant to say the OP issue is - itself - the very thing exactly that is changing national mood.  Actually I did say just exactly the opposite I think.

I said flare events like this can be the little ice cube at the top of the water and then the big iceberg starts to emerge.  It may have nothing to do with this current event.  The events of catalyst simply occur and becomes a springboard for some of explosion or implosion with greater implications.

In this thread, I was asking others to predict or foresee what could come from this or after this (because of this or not) but it being just a symptom when the larger "fever" emerges afterward.

I think this could be something.  I can see this becoming a mega issue later on and being heaped in front of the door of anyone that supported it, was involved with the implementation, did not stand against it, etc.  It could be a "enough is enough" moment that devolves into frustration toward Federalism in general. 

* I am trying my absolute best in this forum to stay away from any political sides or citing color issues or aisle sides.  It is difficult but I believe is not impossible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is The Current American Border Dispute A Catalyst Event? - by TheNomad - 06-22-2018, 01:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The modern credo of the American worker sbarrera 1 1,988 08-30-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  What belongs exclusively to the current Fourth Turning? sbarrera 10 5,600 07-11-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  death rates of white middle class American males Eric the Green 76 57,087 04-01-2017, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew