Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is The Current American Border Dispute A Catalyst Event?
(06-21-2018, 06:03 AM)TheNomad Wrote: The Fourth Turning text conceptual framework cites a catalyst as being an event which (sometimes combined with other events or things) can cause a TRIGGER within a Turning; redistributing public opinion in shocking and even revelatory ways.  Public opinion then determines mood and major public mood swing can indicate collective movement within the Turning. 

Is this a catalyst occurring right now?  Does it reveal any information or indicator concerning the what comes next?

[Image: DgNbVmGX4AAHl5I.jpg]

It could be a catalyst, probably not the only one. I say it COULD be because Trump is going to CONTINUE to push this issue. He is a racist who wants to make America white again. He won't stop trying to keep the "rapists, drug dealers and criminals" from entering the USA, whom he assumes the Mexicans and Central Americans are. "They're not sending their best" Drump said in his campaign announcement 3 years ago. "They have lots of problems and are bringing their problems with (them)" he said. This is his core mission. He wants people to come here from "Norway." Of course, he forgets that people from Norway are liberals too, so the goal of keeping America Republican would suffer no matter where immigrants come from. So I imagine he's going to crack down on all of them eventually, except maybe the ones that his client and donor companies want to hire. 

That's what he calls the merit system: allow people in who actually DO take jobs away from Americans, and keep out the ones who take jobs Americans DON'T want. And meanwhile just deport them, in the cruelist way possible as a deterrent; don't go after the businesses who need them, and for goodness sakes (Trump might be saying) don't make sure that the businesses treat the immigrants well or pay them a living wage!
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is The Current American Border Dispute A Catalyst Event? - by Eric the Green - 06-23-2018, 12:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The modern credo of the American worker sbarrera 1 1,988 08-30-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  What belongs exclusively to the current Fourth Turning? sbarrera 10 5,598 07-11-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  death rates of white middle class American males Eric the Green 76 57,060 04-01-2017, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew