Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unkind, Risk Averse and Untrusting
(06-27-2018, 01:04 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: And for the first time in several years, I see a possible replacement for Justin in my signature line! Well, maybe an addition at least!

There are lessons that remind us we are responsible for ourselves - for what we think, say and do. I am afraid that Smokey the Bear was on target there. This factor is doubled or even tripled in this age of relentless social media. There are times, however, when I feel that the reactions are too strong, such as the case of the waitress who got fired because she made a social media comment about a table that was noisy, took up the table for a long time yet only left a five dollar tip. Perhaps some reprimand would have sufficed there. I believe there was a movement started on social media to get her reinstated. Don't know whether it was successful though.

Incivility does seem to be at what we can hope is its peak illumination currently. What do greed and propaganda offer us? More misery for most to be sure. Mastery of the elites disguised as satisfaction and success. So far Trump has been a failure if his idea for making America great again meant a return to the days when pussy grabbing and making ethnic slurs is OK. That has definitely been proven false with all the celebrities that have met their downfall through said actions. There can never be a valid excuse, yet what is conveniently forgotten was that when, for example, Cosby was doing his antics it was a time when, for the male gender, a hard penis was as good as hard currency. I often wonder whether we will ever see another time like that. You predict here that the next "high" will not be as high as the one that followed WWII was. Have also heard folks predict that the next awakening may actually be austere and not free and easy such as the last one was.

Do you feel that this is a time for us to reflect upon all that we've accomplished; recognizing our efforts. And if you're not where you want to be, accept yourself with kindness and have the endurance to keep going. (This is a lesson I need to learn as I feel I am definitely not where I want(ed) to be in life. I once had ladies' man dreams which didn't materialize largely due to my Asperger Syndrome although I did have more success during those freer, more swinging times gone by. By the mid-1980s that all came crashing down and it was much harder for me to navigate the social scene beyond that time as the unkindness and lack of friendliness which is the hallmark of this thread began to set in big time). We are quick to translate certin types of energy as failure but if we remove the judgment we just might value the experience.

Concerning my parenthesized post above, do you feel that the term "Ladies' Man" has become derogatory in recent years? I tend to believe that it has.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unkind, Risk Averse and Untrusting - by beechnut79 - 06-27-2018, 07:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Careers ruined or at risk from accusations of sexual misconduct pbrower2a 167 133,573 02-18-2023, 03:08 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a