Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will McCain Death, Midterms & Legal Scandals Finally Be Enough?
(08-28-2018, 04:27 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 01:54 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 10:44 AM)David Horn Wrote: You ask: "Will McCain Death, Midterms & Legal Scandals Finally Be Enough?"  
Answer: No.

There is a cult of personality out there, fueled by the worst aspects of anyone's personality": racism, resentment, hate and schadenfreude.  It won't go away until something much worse takes its place: perhaps war or financial meltdown.  I can't  total discount the possibility of disenchantment, but I see no evidence of it.  Most of what constitutes Trump's base has been waiting for a hater for a long time.  Now that they have one, they aren't going to quit him lightly.

Very well said. My only hope is that just enough will be disenchanted to empower the opposition. Then we will go on from there, continuing to face their wrath until they are defeated decisively enough for a pause we know as a first turning to begin. It only takes a 6% majority in the midterms, and 77,774 votes in three states in the presidential election. The Trump base is a strong majority of a minority. Peal off the minority of that minority, maybe just 4% of it, and the red tide is held at bay. Which means, the neo-liberal, militarist, gun totin', and social-conservative/hating minorities are held at bay, despite their built in, constitutional advantages and their cheating.

I doubt many of the Trumpists will cross the street and vote against him, though disillusioned women are more likely to do that than men.  I see most of the disillusioned from both sexes just staying home.  That's only half as effective as voting for GOP opponents, but still potent if the numbers are there.  More to the point, what happens if the vote is decisive, and the Trump control era ends (the Dems win the House) or is reversed (the Dems win both chambers of Congress)?  Will there be a mad dash to appoint reactionary judges to every open judgeship?  Will McConnell kill the filibuster entirely and use the waning days of GOP control to pass some poison-pill legislation that Trump can sign? I think both are likely.

It's clear... some of them need to just retire and/or die, that is the only way to unclog the filter.  This enema already began with Senator Boxer being removed.  I don't think ppl understand how shocking that was.  But will become the norm.  Ancient fossils being taken out and removed because they are now useless.

Past that, blue will evolve and red will not.  Red will retreat like it always does but a lot of these toxic ppl on both sides will be removed like Boxer.  People will find ways to remove them.  The Hero archetype will not tolerate them anymore.  But we still have more suffering before that happens.

Blue evolution will open the tent larger and those people you say won't go against him, it won't even be like that... they will just be like "I can now somewhat identify with blue and red has become unrecognizable to me".  So, I expect blu to emerge as something new which we have not seen before in recent memory.

I do not believe this will be a battle of wills.  Many are trying to make it that (as the S&H text points out in the Prophet archetype and those in close proximity outside the "band" of the Prophet.  I mean, the text plainly states BOTH sides -- if they are placing their own ideology above progress WILL BE REMOVED by younger people who do not except that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will McCain Death, Midterms & Legal Scandals Finally Be Enough? - by TheNomad - 08-28-2018, 10:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  McCain Funeral Proves Partisan Theory Lies & W Exonerated By Michelle For 911 Lies TheNomad 8 3,106 09-04-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: TheNomad
  death rates of white middle class American males Eric the Green 76 57,283 04-01-2017, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew