Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politico just released a poll of hypothetical 2020 Presidential candidates
Assuming that Daddy survives his first term (IE he doesn't die from over work [unlikely the man is likely thriving off the pressure], or more likely isn't assassinated) the GOP will run him. IF, and that is a big if, Trump is out of the picture in 2020 due to death (again most likely assassination) then the GOP will run Pence.

Pence actually has good chances. He plays well in the Mid-West where he's from, and isn't odious to the rest of the country. He'd need to pick a good running mate. I'd suggest Sessions if he isn't knee deep in swamp clearance.

But who do the Dems have?

Warren? Too old, too liberal, too Yankee.
Brown? A solid maybe. He could take back the Mid-West, maybe. Problem is his voice is like he smokes five packs a day. I don't know if he has the stamina for a campaign outside of his home state.
Sanders? Too old, way too old. He was too old in 2016 but I wasn't going to vote for HRC if the GOP ran a potted plant.
Cory Booker? A northern machine politician. He might play well with the base and get slightly more blacks to vote for him but he lacks Obama's charisma.

The simple fact of the matter is the Dem bench is looking bare after they've lost scores of state legislatures and over 1000 seats since 2008. Dem numbers haven't looked this bad since 1928 (but it isn't the end of a 3T now so....).

Now if we consider GOP candidates that might run if Pence doesn't run or something happens to Daddy...

Rubio is out. He can't even win the Florida primary and only retained his senate seat because the Dem was way worse than him. He only got his seat in a GOP wave year running a three way race with Christ splitting the moderate vote.

Cruz leaves everyone who encounters him the impression he's a used car salesman. He might keep a senate seat but he is otherwise distasteful to all but evangelicals--which are a minority of the GOP base since Trump is busy expanding it rapidly.

In all likelihood the next two cycles are going to be dominated by Trump/Pence. Trump will be re-elected barring something going terribly wrong or gods forbid he is assassinated. Pence would after a 2 term Trump be practically guaranteed a term much like George H.W. Bush. His re-election as president in his own right is murky though.

Since I place the start of the 4T around 2006, I would suspect that 2024 will be just after or during the climax of the 4T. Much like the election of 1944 or 1864. 2020 is a likely shoe in for Trump because from all the indicators presented by Dem leadership they plan on doubling down on the failed policies that have resulted in their major losses the last three cycles. After all they didn't ditch Pelosi when they should have.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Politico just released a poll of hypothetical 2020 Presidential candidates - by Kinser79 - 03-09-2017, 11:35 PM