Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SJW's, Identity politics, Alt-Left and Alt-Right
(10-11-2018, 10:42 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 06:13 AM)Galen Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 05:39 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: SJW's don't dump on you because you're white, if that's what you mean. Some of them are white. I won't get into your fight with them too much; people on the left can be annoying. But unless you are a big CEO or something I doubt they are dumping on you, unless you are dumping on them. But most of them don't even know you.

Antifa does precisely this because SJWs blame everything on white males.  In a very real sense they are the KKK with different targets.  Come to think of it they use violence in the same way the KKK did.

The Antifa and White Nationalists, as both prefer to be known, don't act as moral equivalents.  The history of the KKK and other similar groups is ugly and vicious.  I haven't seen anything even vaguely the same from Antifa.  That doesn't make them perfect.  It just makes them less guilty.  If they start lynching people, I'll change my mind.

Actually, they are more like reflections in a mirror.  Those who wish to rule others are going to employ violence to achieve their goals even if the objective differs.  Antifa hasn't been around that long but I am sure they will get around to killing someone since the Weather Underground who managed to kill three of their own.  So far Antifa seems to be blessed with equal incompetence which is good for the rest of us when they get around to playing with explosive like the Weathermen did.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
RE: SJW's, Identity politics, Alt-Left and Alt-Right - by Galen - 10-11-2018, 10:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who else would like politics to be humdrum? Anthony '58 50 11,835 09-01-2022, 02:23 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Authoritarianism and American politics pbrower2a 75 73,388 01-13-2022, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58