Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prabhat Sarkar and his social cycle
(10-02-2018, 07:40 AM)Bill the Piper Wrote: Note how Trump (acquisitor) was considered an anti-establishment candidate, while Clinton (intellectual) was an establishment candidate.

Which proves my point that being in power does not change whether you are liberal or conservative, a rebel or an enforcer of order and establishments. When Hillary and Obama were in power, the liberals were in power. Being the "establishment" only meant that they were in power. They may have trimmed their ideals, since having power does that to people when they run up against real obstacles. But they remained liberals, and a liberal is inherently anti-establishment. So, the anti-establishment was the establishment.

The establishment had been the anti-establishment, then. Since the 2016 election, under Trump the establishment is the establishment again. The conservatives are in power, and they are conserving their power.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prabhat Sarkar and his social cycle - by Eric the Green - 10-08-2018, 06:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the generational cycle, progress, and the perception of mass death pbrower2a 0 1,399 03-26-2020, 04:15 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  A broken cycle? Bill the Piper 69 25,846 08-22-2019, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund