Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prabhat Sarkar and his social cycle
(09-10-2019, 06:31 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 05:32 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 09:50 PM)taramarie Wrote: What makes an artist smarter than an Acquisitors? An artist here btw. Very curious as I do think we are all very clever in our own way. What about an entrepreneur artist? Interesting as I would never call myself an intellectual individual for being an artist. It is more a form of self expression. I thought society deemed emotions as a form of non intellect. Yes being sarcastic here, but I do hear it so often as an ISFP artist. So to be honest it is a nice change seeing this, but it does make me curious to hear more.

The warriors use brute force to get things done. They are smarter than the others of their time, but intellectual subtlety is not their strength. War is the definitive example of brute force. The sorts of buildings that warriors construct (fortifications, barracks, and docks) are typically lacking in humanizing quirks. On the other hand, if a community is emerging from the hunter-gatherer level to the start of agrarian civilization because hunter-gatherer societies cannot well defend themselves or has just been ravaged in some calamity, then the warrior (a Civic/Hero type) is what is available first.

War creates its own problems. It is not enough to make bows and arrows; to make them effective one must estimate what angle one to make them reach the targets. Warriors end up need medics (precursors of physicians) to treat the wounded who can be helped and priests to console the hopeless. Warriors' regulations are both ineffective and excessive in peacetime, so warriors need attorneys and judges to mitigate disputes and keep people in line. If war is to end in something other than annihilation, then there will be assistants (precursors of diplomats) to establish terms (i.e., this is our tribe's hunting ground and not yours). After the war the warriors will need poets to praise the Leaders' achievements and art to decorate things.  What pass as scientists, jurists, clergy, physicians, diplomats, and creative people of the time suggest the Adaptive/Artist type. In time they become more judgmental and divisive and start turning on each other as the Artist/Adaptive types become Prophet/Idealist types.

Then come the accusations of heresy and treason... and smart people find that the safe way to avoid trouble is to use one's intelligence to meet basic human desires -- through business. Besides, the warriors have often degenerated into an aristocracy and need the tax base  and the means of getting provisions for war. The Nomad/Reactive type becomes the businessman, broker, salesman, and manufacturer. The fault? Making money by investments looks easier than it is, so speculative activities mushroom. Inequality of economic result intensifies. Self-indulgent hedonism becomes the norm, and people who cannot create wealth as laborers except under the command of taskmasters seek freedom. 

The age of the worker is chaotic -- and short.

In that theory then I would be the "warrior" archetype? I guess my mbti type fits me more as I literally am an artist. But in times of crisis here in my own country I have taken force to get things done to help rebuild what was lost and I am also a person of action. But that does fit my mbti type more than anything else. I am an ISFP.

No matter what your MBTI type. in a real Crisis you may be expected to fit a specific role in the Crisis. Unless one has extraordinary talents one will be a foot-soldier if the right age and gender and not intellectually or physically handicapped, and if you are somewhat more competent you might be more specialized in a military role. If a really-good creative person you might turn your abilities to blatant propaganda; if you are a scientist or engineer you might be dedicated to making the war machine work better.

It is the age of the laborer that is so uncomfortable to so many people because the laborer dreams of ease, plenty, and indulgence without developing much skill (if one has real skill one is not really a laborer), effort, or investment. Such an age disparages physical effort, intellectual subtlety, and the usual sort of effective investment (which is typically long-term and low-yield, and requiring large personal commitment). The easy money that people made on owning early shares in some high-tech businesses (Hewlett-Packard was surprised to find that some of its janitors were millionaires!) creates the illusion that anyone can get rich by being in the right place in the right time and just doing a normal job. 

The age of the laborer is the era of get-rich-quick schemes that fail badly, of anti-intellectual culture, and of stupefying bad behavior. Despite popular expressions of equity in that some wailer on a soap-box is the equal of Goethe and the drunken crooner can pretend to be another Pavarotti, life gets awful. The economy melts down. The Warrior is the only one who can take over. 

OK, so there is a huge difference between an angry, intellectually- and morally-hollow Warrior like Hitler and an intellectual powerhouse like FDR -- but FDR could better bring out the strengths of the Warrior (the big water and highway projects of the 1930's) while keeping the worst tendencies of the Warrior in check. (Hitler liked military service more than he liked being an artist, and he loved military shtick in his organization of the Nazi Party, basically a gang with a military structure.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the generational cycle, progress, and the perception of mass death pbrower2a 0 1,403 03-26-2020, 04:15 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  A broken cycle? Bill the Piper 69 26,156 08-22-2019, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund