Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20th Century Is Gone With The Wind?
In the west coast states and through the northwest the open country still exists. The people have taken action to preserve a lot of open and natural spaces out here. We have a TV program called the Open Road. We had another one called California's Gold. I took a trip a year ago from San Jose to Portland to see the eclipse. Still lots of open country along those roads. I don't think that the empty quarter, the states from the deserts up through the plains, are being urbanized too much yet.

But I know population is still growing further south in CA and through the southwest. Arizona, Texas, Georgia, North Carolina and Florida are filling up their open spaces. I'm not fond of those states anyway and not planning to travel to them soon. One thing is I am leery of long road trips now for several reasons. Too much gas and carbon, and not enough fast charging stations yet for that electric car I want. Which would still be powered by coal in those states anyway. The interstates are dangerous; trucks zoom along at breakneck speed and make deadly crashes into us poor tourists and explorers.

I'm not sure I'd like to go further away and drive to the southeast and explore through redneck country where they might not welcome someone like me, and where guns can be pulled out at a moment's notice. It can happen anywhere in the USA, and maybe I shouldn't be concerned, but it does happen often enough to be wary of gun-lovers country, which is most of flyover country. But I would like to take a train to the east coast, and tour some interesting places.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
20th Century Is Gone With The Wind? - by TheNomad - 09-26-2018, 06:28 PM
RE: 20th Century Is Gone With The Wind? - by Eric the Green - 09-27-2018, 12:52 AM