Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming European Civil War and World War III
Early this year, I've made this map for a debate on Personality Cafe:

[Image: world2.jpg]

Yellow - Liberal Democratic countries led by the US
Blue - Neo-nationalist countries led by China and Russia
Orange - nascent democracies (Ukraine, Iraq) or non-democracies (Saudis) which are on the side of the Yellow bloc geopolitically

I'm not sure about Turkey. I've marked it blue, but it's an oversimplification. In the 1990s Turkey was firmly on the side of the Chechens, who fought for independence against Russia. Even if the early 2010s they were against Assad, who is Russia's ally. Recently I see Turkey and Russia getting closer, but I don't think there is an alliance. Rather, Turkey is trying to be friendly with both blocs, and in case of a confrontation it'll choose the stronger one.

Teejay Wrote:In the no-deal Brexit scenario the British police force will be totally overwhelmed by the violence and the military will be forced to intervene. I don't think many in the military are going to obey the commands to shoot at the far-right forces, In fact some of them are going to join them. The violence spiraling further would depend on how the military is going to react.

If there is any warfare on the British Isles, it'll start in Northern Ireland. There is a serious risk of a new wave of violence in case of a hard border between The Continental far right (fifth column of the Sino-Russian bloc) likes Catholicism, so it will ally with the new IRA. Russia hates Britain already, so they will also support the IRA. The US will support Britain, as it always did.

Since both sides have thermonuclear weapons, this hypothetical war could result in exterminating the human civilization.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming European Civil War and World War III - by Bill the Piper - 11-03-2018, 06:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Convictions of war criminals and human-rights violators pbrower2a 19 20,133 01-02-2021, 11:23 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The World's Most And Least Unequal Countries Anthony '58 0 1,651 08-14-2019, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  The French, Coming Apart Dan '82 33 24,713 06-12-2017, 10:51 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  The Atlantic: Is Trump Dragging Down the European Far-Right? Odin 10 9,453 03-29-2017, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Kinser79
  Bubbles around the world Ragnarök_62 2 2,996 09-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a