Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neil Howe: 'Civil War Is More Likely Than People Think'
(07-26-2017, 11:36 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Although I am promoting Militant (Apolitical) Nationalism, I am classic Center dweller. I'm nauseated by the Trump-loving, Duginist Neo Nazi Totalitarians. For the first time in my life, there exists a political group who incite me to potential violence. If a People's Army were to form up to combat them, who'd take a 54 year old (but still fit) old fart, I'd join.

Meanwhile, the Left? They don't nauseate me, but at times they do annoy me. Witness my keyboard mini debates with EtG.
Interesting way to put it, apolitical nationalism and the "left" doesn't nauseate you (I assume the "right" does) but they do annoy you.

In many ways I find myself agreeing with the apolitical nationalism, but both the "left" and the "right" nauseate me in different ways and for different reasons. There are some aspects of the platforms on both the "left" and the "right" that I support and some that I vehemently oppose.

In fact, I consider both the Pugs and the Dims to be two polar facets of one uni-party, neither of which represent a large portion of the people. It is almost comical that it came down to a Clinton versus Trump, the former epitomizing much of what I and many other people despise about the "left" and the latter I believe is the result of people's despise of the "right" and he rode more of the natural pendulum that would have made it very difficult for the D's to get a 3rd term.

One way to consider myself would be a "small government liberal", or to put it another way one who thinks we have too damned much government, getting too involved in our lives, passing too many damned "laws" that they have no business getting involved in. I am fiscally conservative and while I believe in the benefits of a safety net, I am tired of working to fund legions who sit on their backside with their handout; and no I do not believe they are entitled to anything - be it a basic income or health care at other people's expense. I am absolutely sick of being "taxed" (stolen from) to fund either the handouts both to the "poor" and the "corporate welfare" on the left and the "crony capitalism" on the "right". On the other side, I am socially liberal. I don't believe the "government" or the "church" should be telling me what I can put in my body or who I do what sex act with, or anything of the sort, as long as I am not putting the public in danger by my behavior or actions they need to butt out.

I have seen a growing number of people like me and more and more we find ourselves saying there is only one way to put a stop to the nonsense that is getting to be overwhelming - a violent revolt.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neil Howe In The News Bronco80 48 39,515 03-14-2022, 03:13 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Neil Howe: It’s going to get worse; more financial crises coming Dan '82 40 51,655 05-20-2020, 10:45 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Neil Howe and William Strauss C-Span video Eric the Green 1 4,347 04-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Neil Howe twitter thread Dan '82 3 7,128 11-21-2016, 04:11 PM
  Neil Howe: Millennials: Are We There Yet? Dan '82 0 3,757 06-17-2016, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Dan '82
  Neil Howe: Which Of Tech's 'Four Horsemen' Is Built To Last? Dan '82 7 6,798 06-11-2016, 06:12 PM