Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It looks like Trump is setting the mood for the 1T.
Maybe. Enough has gone wrong with my life, and I see Donald Trump unlikely to do any good. I see no quick recovery in life, and I can see myself at the point of the ultimate surrender. Leave the world to those who can truly enjoy it, unlike me. All in all, this has so far been a grim, dreary, and largely-joyless world that I would not miss if I ended up in one of the gentler circles of Dante's Inferno.  Learning physics from Albert Einstein and getting painting lessons from Hokusai? I am ready now! That sounds far better than some insipid paradise for dullards that Fundamentalist Protestantism has to offer.

I know of people who will be perfectly happy working more hours for the indulgence of the Master Class because they are satisfied that God so wills. I have no such faith. I can never see unforced suffering as the Will of God; indeed, if it is the Will of God that someone have Parkinsonism or senile dementia as I saw in my parents to the exclusion of all else in life for much of five years then God is to be resisted.   

I did not fly off the handle as much with Dubya because he did not stoop to the same level of rancor against out-groups. So far as I know, the marital life of George W. Bush is completely unobjectionable. I never heard him brag about grabbing women by their crotches. Dubya was an orthodox conservative, and even if his inadequacies would be known, he at least would not be a classic sociopath. Dubya did not make the contradictory promises of a demagogue. The biggest joke about Donald Trump is that he calls himself "Christian".

I dread a Trump Presidency, especially when there are few checks upon him. I question whether I have much will to live in the event that I have some medical crisis in which the will to live is essential to survival.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It looks like Trump is setting the mood for the 1T. - by pbrower2a - 11-14-2016, 10:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was 911 & the Cultural Aftermath/Change in National Mood Part of This Crisis Period? TheNomad 85 47,921 02-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund