Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It looks like Trump is setting the mood for the 1T.
(11-14-2016, 11:22 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(11-12-2016, 08:48 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: We have a chance of a revolution to topple the fascist regime of Donald Judas Trump. A Red revolution.

Red as in hammer-and-sickle motifs.

If we have a revolution I think it would be more like a hybrid of Communitarianism and the ideas laid out by Gary Hart in "Restoration of the Republic."

At some point I want to get some more in depth discussions going about that book / PhD thesis.

Communitarianism looks likely to become a form of tribalism under Trump. I think that people will become even more connected to identity politics. But tribalism is inevitable in a political order that divides people into 'good' and 'bad' based upon ethnicity, religion, class, and the like. Let's just hope that the 'white' tribe splinters, as it might if the demands of the Trump Administration become inhuman.

...Liberalism goes into hibernation except at the local level (a city like Ann Arbor) and the state (like New York) level. It goes into hibernation in most states  for the next year and a half (when governors like Walker, Scott, and Snyder are up for re-election or must give way to open-seat elections). There will be plenty of nastiness to defend by any Reactionary Governor seeking a third term or any Republican running to follow in the open seat. Where I live (a very right-wing community in a midwestern state) I will be tempted to go on protests in some cities 80 to 120 miles away. Nice excuse to see a city and get away from this soul-crushing peasant village.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was 911 & the Cultural Aftermath/Change in National Mood Part of This Crisis Period? TheNomad 85 47,845 02-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund