Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It looks like Trump is setting the mood for the 1T.
(11-14-2016, 11:36 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 07:58 AM)Odin Wrote: Brower, you need to calm down, people were doing the same kind of catastrophizing when Bush was elected in 2000.

In fact, I don't think I ever remember a time when the losing side of the presidential election DIDN'T thought it was the end of the world. I remember as a kid all the right-wingers ranting about Bill Clinton's "communist UN black helicopters".

This is different.

Bush was a main stream Republican. I know that many hard core Leftists lump everyone on the Right together, but that is wrong headed.

Trump is Alt-Right / NBP / Red-Brown. We have never had someone this radical as PotUS. The camel's nose is now inside the tent.

All I'm saying is that it is too early to start freaking out. It's still too early to know yet if it is going to be Bannon, Priebus, or Pence who is the driving force in Trump's White House. He might shock us all and be a reasonable, sane moderate for all we know.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was 911 & the Cultural Aftermath/Change in National Mood Part of This Crisis Period? TheNomad 85 47,882 02-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund