Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It looks like Trump is setting the mood for the 1T.
(11-19-2016, 09:41 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Close, according to da book, it's more a manifestation of Nomad generations' rise to power. Due to Nomad gens' having lots of economic problems and attitude Big Grin  most have little use for shit that happens elsewhere.  Example,  Rags doesn't give a rat's ass about Syria, Africa, Afghanistan, [except we should just bail out and save that money for more important stuff like green energy in the US, better infrastructure in the US, and shore up the safety net.] Less spending on the Empire and more on domestic needs is what is in order.

Yes, now that Trumpzilla and his GOPPERs have taken over, it's clear that the main enemy or concern we have to deal with is here in the USA. All those domestic things you mention are needs that can truly be addressed only after these monsters have been returned to the zoo in the 2020s. But meanwhile, resistance, local action and organizing is the priority. I also find myself caring less about Syria, Afghanistan, Africa et al, now that not only our president doesn't care, but our own economy and ecology is in serious danger from our own government. I have to remind Mr. X that guarding against Russia is less important now that our own president is a Russian agent, and Russian-style oligarchy has itself been installed in the USA, under the control of its CEO Mr. Donald Trump and his family.

Quote:Progressivism per say has its points. Poverty and destitution are destabilizing.  Besides anyone is one car wreck away from full disability.    The part I don't like is this "We're One World After all."   It's nauseating to the max. And it brings out my inner Grouch. Big Grin

It is a fact nevertheless. We may not have the ability to care about it anymore, when we have a monster in the White House, and monsters in state houses from the Atlantic to the Sierras, who want to dismantle this progressivism and its virtues you mention, and much more. And I understand a Gen Xer's feeling about taking care of ourselves first. And boomers in youth rejected the imperialist program in no uncertain terms. Still, nationalism and tribal or racial loyalty are old fashioned, borders are arbitrary lines on a map, and we are all still too connected to the world to deny that we are one common humanity on one Earth. I don't get the reluctance to admit this fact.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: It looks like Trump is setting the mood for the 1T. - by Eric the Green - 11-20-2016, 01:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was 911 & the Cultural Aftermath/Change in National Mood Part of This Crisis Period? TheNomad 85 47,735 02-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund