Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It looks like Trump is setting the mood for the 1T.
(12-08-2016, 04:03 PM)igranderojo Wrote: Kill this thread title, first we have to get through the next three stages of the 4T: regeneracy, crisis climax and resolution.  Boomers are not 100% into Elderhood until 2020.  GenXers are not 100% into Midlife until about 2020.  Millennials are not 100% into Young Adults until 2020.  That alignment is stressed by Strauss and Howe as the time when Generations influence events and events, influence Generations.  Each generation has their own role and responsibility in the 4T stages.  Pay attention to the next four years of the Regeneracy: old institutions die and new institutions grow.  Fossil fuels die and renewables grow, old job titles disappear and new job titles grow, means testing Social Security to tax high income retirees and new basic income for Millennials with low incomes.

I agree that a reckoning is coming, but what form it will take is still arguable.  We have two strains of Boomers pulling in different directions, and Millennials sitting on their hands.  Our local paper had a commentary by a Millennial activist who asserted that the Millennials won't support anything that doesn't benefit them directly and in the manner they want to be benefitted. True or just exaggeration, that's a pretty arrogant demand.  If fully true, it kills any chance that a common front can be assembled to confront the coming onslaught. 

I've been part of the failed 4T faction for a long time.  By failure, I don't mean abject failure, necessarily.  Just a case of inadequate success.  A ho-hum response to a full court press by the neo-Luddites might trigger a post-4T that is so grindingly austere that the 2T will have to be a rebellion of some sort.   2020 isn't that far off, and the GOP is already planning to put-off the changes to the ACA until after the midterms.  I can see that being he same tactic on Social Security (raise the age and cut the COLA to zero), Medicare (just bleed it to death) and Medicaid (gone) ... in fact on everything. They may just run out the clock, though climate change will proceed with or without their consent.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It looks like Trump is setting the mood for the 1T. - by David Horn - 12-08-2016, 04:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was 911 & the Cultural Aftermath/Change in National Mood Part of This Crisis Period? TheNomad 85 47,493 02-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund